This week Ben and I talk with indy game developer 2TonStudios about their new iOS game: Ninjaboy
- Why program video games?
- Performance and how video games are the indy 500 of programming
- Carmack’s Keynote
- Optimizing the challenge curve.
- Why choose Unity?
- Tried MonoTouch and MonoGame for the initial port from Windows Phone 7
- How’s the $0.99 price point working? (no longer first marketing, we took too long to get the show out)
- How much does marketing play a role?
- Why is the price point so low for iOS games, when DS games are ~$30?
- Can’t pay for updates? Use In App Purchases
- How should people start? Should they try and get into digipen?