This week Ben and I talk with Basho developer Sean Cribbs about NoSQL and how they write software.
- Amazon’s Dynamo Paper
- Riak is really good for cloud storage
- LAMP pretty much scales horizontally vs Microsoft’s big iron approach
- Voxer is probably the biggest deployment of Riak
- How do you work effectively remotely?
- Chatrooms:Hipchat, Campfire and Hubot
- Agile Zen for ensuring you have a pull based workflow
- Differences in culture re: work hours between west and east coast
- Distributed version control workflow
- Sean’s Coder Wall
- Common pitfalls when moving from SVN to git
- GitHub: Code comments start to matter more when they’re public 🙂
- GitHub Flow
- How GitHub Uses GitHub to Build GitHub
- conflict between Open Source vs Proprietary features
- How do you do Continuous Integration with GitHub?
- Sean: git submodules, or How to use github to API documentation
- Ben: Dropbox feature: Packrat and Events feed