This week Ben and I get a chance to geek out with Chris Smith, author of Programming F#, about the recently completed second edition. Chris is a former SDET on the Microsoft F# team, and currently works for Google on developer tools.
- Lots of stuff about F#
- History of functional programming
- What are monads?
- What are you doing at the Google?
- Google closure compiler *terrible name, has nothing to do with ‘Closure’ on the JVM
- Jim: Alan Kay interview on Dr. Dobbs
- Ben: JS Hotline
- Chris: “Give yourself license to fail” AND Unix tools! (sed, grep, find, etc)
- Stay away from Diablo III!