This week Ben and I talk with Author, Entrepreneur and owner of careercup.com, former Google hiring committee member Gayle Laakmann McDowell about her two books: Cracking the Coding Interview and The Google Resume about how to get a job at the big tech companies
- Interview preparation for Software Engineers looking to get into Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc.
- How do technical interviews work at the large tech companies?
- Resume tips for the professional programmer!
- On MBAs
- The Seattle Anti-Freeze
This week Ben and I talk with indy game developer 2TonStudios about their new iOS game: Ninjaboy
- Why program video games?
- Performance and how video games are the indy 500 of programming
- Carmack’s Keynote
- Optimizing the challenge curve.
- Why choose Unity?
- Tried MonoTouch and MonoGame for the initial port from Windows Phone 7
- How’s the $0.99 price point working? (no longer first marketing, we took too long to get the show out)
- How much does marketing play a role?
- Why is the price point so low for iOS games, when DS games are ~$30?
- Can’t pay for updates? Use In App Purchases
- How should people start? Should they try and get into digipen?
So go download it!
Ben and I chat quickly about what happened this week at Knight Capital. How a software bug took a profitable company to bankruptcy in 1 hour.