This week Ben and I get a chance to geek out with Chris Smith, author of Programming F#, about the recently completed second edition. Chris is a former SDET on the Microsoft F# team, and currently works for Google on developer tools.
- Lots of stuff about F#
- History of functional programming
- What are monads?
- What are you doing at the Google?
- Google closure compiler *terrible name, has nothing to do with ‘Closure’ on the JVM
This week Ben and I riff on some news stories along with friend and ZocDoc developer, Jeremy Kimball.
- Please ‘Like’ us on Facebook by clicking the Like button on the side of the site
- Device independent pixels and the ‘rem’ unit in CSS/HTML. As well as device independent pixels in WPF, and Android development.
- Craigslist takes down pad mapper
- Ben and I disagree on whether Craigslist a net good, or evil in the world?
- Profits per employee for various companies
- I talk about a specific company that took the pivoting of lean startup too far and actually abandoned customers who paid money too quickly.
- CityMaps has had a big release, and everyone should go check out the new layout and city’s available